Resources to help hospitals safely manage patients with food allergies are available on this page. These resources were reviewed and updated in September 2020.
The resources are designed to be used together to provide a complete resource kit for food allergen management. They can be freely downloaded and adapted to individual hospitals or healthcare facilities.
- Food Allergen Management in Food Service: A Best Practice Guideline developed by Queensland Health in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy.
- Food allergen matrix healthcare example
- Food allergy and intolerance policy and procedure template
- Food allergy and intolerance audit tool template
- Food allergy ingredient substitution tool
- Food allergy and intolerance menu assessment tool
Download here: Food Allergen Best Practice Guideline (PDF)
Download and print a sample Food allergen menu matrix and a food allergen matrix template that your hospital can use.
Download here: Food Allergy and Intolerance Policy and Procedure Template
Download here: Food Allergy and Intolerance Management Audit tool
A Food Allergy and Intolerance Menu Assessment Tool for dietitians has been developed in partnership with the Dietitians Australia (DA). This resource is freely available to DA and ASCIA member dietitians from the member’s section of both the DA and ASCIA websites.
Download access ASCIA: www.allergy.org.au/members/food-allergy-and-intolerance-menu-assessment-tool
Download access DA: https://member.dietitiansaustralia.org.au/