New resources to help hospitals and other institution type care to manage food allergies are have been developed and are now available.
The following resources are designed to help hospitals and other institutional facilities to manage food allergy. They are designed to be used together to provide a complete resource kit for food allergen management. They can be freely downloaded and adapted for individual sites.
- Food Allergen Management in Food Service: A Best Practice Guideline developed by Queensland Health in partnership with the National Allergy Strategy.
- Food allergy and intolerance policy template
- Food allergy and intolerance audit tool template
- Food allergy ingredient substitution tool
- Food allergy and intolerance menu assessment tool
Download here: Food Allergen Best Practice Guideline (PDF)
Download here: Food Allergy and Intolerance Policy Template
Download here: Food Allergy and Intolerance Management Audit tool
Down load: Food allergy ingredient substitution tool
A Food Allergy and Intolerance Menu Assessment Tool for dietitians has been developed in partnership with the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA). This resource is freely available to DAA and ASCIA member dietitians from the member’s section of both the DAA and ASCIA websites.
Download access ASCIA: www.allergy.org.au/members/food-allergy-and-intolerance-menu-assessment-tool
Download access DAA: https://daa.asn.au/resource/food-allergy-menu-assessment-tool